If you have a comment or suggestion about our Apps, or a query that isn't covered in the frequently asked questions (FAQ's) below, please email email@example.com and enter the name of the App you are referring to in the subject line.
1. Can I access the digital editions for free if I am already a print subscriber? Unfortunately there is no free access to the digital editions as part of a print subscription. In the future we hope to offer this function so that you can upgrade your subscription to enjoy both editions. View our full list of available apps
2. I subscribed to the App via iTunes, but can't login, what do I do? If you bought your subscription via iTunes, you do not need to manually login to the App (the 'Subscribed elsewhere?' Login option is for those who have bought a subscription outside of iTunes via buysubscriptions.com).
As new issues are published you should be able to download them automatically as long as they are published within your subscription period. Back issues are not included in your subscription; you will only receive the issues published within your subscription period.
Back issues are available to buy individually in the 'Store' section of the App.
3. How do I download the latest issue as part of my subscription purchased within iTunes? You'll need to download new issues each month as they become available in the App. We will send a message to notify you when new issues are available, providing you have 'Notifications' turned on in your iPad's 'Settings'.
4. How can I get a refund on an issue I bought which should have been part of my digital subscription? If you have subscribed to the App via iTunes, and have been charged for an issue that should have been included in your subscription package, please visit www.expresslane.Apple.com. Unfortunately, we are unable to process refunds on behalf of Apple.
5. I'm not a subscriber, can I still purchase the issues as and when they become available? The App is free for everyone to download. To download single issues within the App, as and when they become available, you just pay a single issue price.
6. Problems with links and downloads? Double check you have an active internet connection (either Wi-Fi or 3G) and ensure you have the latest operating system (iOS 5) installed, as it is likely that this could be affecting the performance of your device - you can download the latest version from iTunes.
Alternatively, if you are running off the latest software try uninstalling the App and re-installing it, or deleting the issue and attempting to download it again. You could also try closing all other opened Apps as they may be slowing the performance of your iPad.
If you are still experiencing problems email us at Apps@sciencefocus.com and describe the location of the broken link or download problem (or quote the text, issue and page number if featured in the magazine).
7. Will I be charged twice if I delete or lose an issue and re-install it? No. Any previous purchases you have made will be recorded in your purchase history so Apple will know that you have already bought the issue and therefore you will never be charged twice for the same issue. The App itself is free to download.
8. Why is the App released after the print edition goes on sale? This is something we are continuously working to improve. The delay is due to us having to create the print edition first and then reformat the content to create the iPad edition. We want to make sure all the content and photos in the App are of the highest quality to reflect the standard of the magazine and unfortunately this takes some time to put together. Our aim is to eventually have the two go on sale at the same time but for the moment please bear with us.
9. Once I have finished with an issue, how do I delete it from my iPad to save space? Simply go to the issues screen and tap on the library tab. Then select edit and you can delete any issues from this screen.
10. In what countries can the App be purchased? The App is available in the following countries; Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.
11. Why can't I download the latest issue? If you are experiencing download problems, please ensure you are logged in and have a stable 3G or Wi-Fi connection. Wi-Fi is recommended, as the download file size is relatively big and can take a long time via 3G. If you are still seeing a 'Buy for ...' button underneath the latest issue, please try the below:
Restarting / reinstalling the App
Clicking 'Restore purchases' (link to question above)
Go to the 'Settings' App, tap 'Store' and sign in with your Apple ID, tap 'View Apple ID', tap 'Subscriptions - Manage' and review the status of the Focus subscription
12. Will the App be developed for Android or Blackberry devices? The App is currently only available on the iPad. However, we are constantly working towards improving the App, and hope to release this on other platforms in the near future.
If you have a comment or suggestion about our iPad App, or a query that isn't covered in the frequently asked questions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. What should I do if the App isn't responding? First, try restarting the App: exit by pushing the iPad's home button, then tap the App icon to restart. Second, try restarting the iPad with the on/off button, then tapping the App icon. If the App still won't work, please describe the page you're stuck on in an email to goodfoodApp@bbc.com
14. Why aren't the links to websites working? Check that you have an active internet connection (either Wi-Fi or 3G). If you're certain that you're online, please describe the location of the broken link (quote the text and page number) in an email to goodfoodApp@bbc.com
15. Where are the Settings for the App? Go to the home screen of your iPad and tap the Settings icon. The settings will be under 'Apps' in the left-hand pane (scroll down if you can't see it).
16. How do I opt out of statistics collection? We collect statistical data about how the Application is used to help us learn what works and what's most useful to you. All data is collected anonymously, so we won't know what pages a specific person visits, or their location, but we will be able to see general trends about which pages and areas are more popular. We only use usage statistics information to analyse and improve the services offered through this App. But if you should prefer us not to collect this data, you can opt out by changing the App's settings (see previous question) and switch the 'Share Usage Statistics with the App' option to 'OFF'.